Democrats in Congress are proposing a bill that is not only dangerous for women, but is extreme in scope—attacking the unborn, health care professionals, and the pro-life movement at large.
I need your help today to contact Congress and urge them to block this egregious bill.
The deceptively named ‘Women’s Health Protection Act (WHPA),’ which is currently backed by 48 Democrat Senators, would virtually eliminate all pro-life laws currently in place to protect women, children, and healthcare workers from violating their consciences.
If passed, here is what this bill would do:
- Eliminate all state and federal parental consent laws in relation to abortion
- Eliminate all state informed consent laws, including those that allow women to view an ultrasound prior to abortion
- Prevent states from passing laws to protect babies at 20 weeks, thereby joining countries like North Korea, China, Vietnam, Singapore, Canada, and the Netherlands in not protecting unborn children later in development
- Force doctors and nurses opposed to abortion to lose their jobs, and Catholic hospitals could lose public funds unless they perform abortions
- Eliminate decades-long limitations on direct taxpayer funding of abortion – including the popular Hyde Amendment, which has saved over 2 million lives since enacted
- In short, overturn all federal and state pro-life laws, and go further to make it illegal for elected officials to even introduce pro-life legislation
As you can see, this bill would take pro-abortion extremism to a new and alarming level. To make matters worse, they have even erased all references to ‘women’ from the language of the bill, strangely only keeping it in the feel-good title.
Friend, we must help to stop this bill. The radicalism of this Congress and their attacks on the inherent dignity of the human person are unprecedented.
In the face of this bold radicalism, we must also raise our voices and defend mothers and the unborn from this agenda.
President, March for Life Action