From Make America Great Again Inc.:
According to the Reagan National Defense Survey, only 48% of Americans have trust and confidence in our military. The reason? They see military leadership as “overly politicized” and blame “woke” practices for undermining military effectiveness.
- While in office, President Trump understood the threat that the demoralizing, woke “trainings” posed to our nation’s military. The Trump Administration ordered executive branch agencies to identify and cancel any woke, anti-American “trainings.”
- On Joe Biden’s first day in office, he undid President Trump’s orders and kept radical woke ideologies in the U.S. military.
- Thanks to Biden’s actions, we now face a crisis of confidence in our military’s capability:
- 62 percent of Reagan survey respondents said that the politicization of military leadership decreased their confidence in the military.
- 50 percent of respondents cited a great deal or some concern with “woke” practices undermining military effectiveness.
- Last year, for the first time in the survey’s history, a majority of respondents said they did not have a great deal of confidence and trust in the military.
- 54 percent of Americans believe that the United States does not have a clear strategy for the China threat.
When President Donald J. Trump took office, he realized firsthand the dangerous impact Critical Race Theory and “woke” trainings have on military effectiveness. Federal agencies previously spent millions of taxpayer dollars on “‘training’ government workers to believe divisive, anti-American propaganda.”
The Trump Administration ordered executive branch agencies to find and cancel any contracts or spending for critical race theory training “or any other training or propaganda effort that teaches or suggests either…that the United States is an inherently racist or evil country or…that any race or ethnicity is inherently racist or evil.”
In September 2020, President Trump signed his Executive Order on Combating Race and Sex Stereotyping, stating that “our Uniformed Services should not teach our heroic men and women in uniform the lie that the country for which they are willing to die is fundamentally racist.”
“Such teachings,” President Trump wrote, “could directly threaten the cohesion and effectiveness of our Uniformed Services.”
On Joe Biden’s first day in office, he abandoned President Trump’s order to keep the radical, woke ideology out of our military. Within a month, the Air Force instructed their units to immediately resume anti-American, woke “trainings.” The Navy and the Army followed suit.
This survey from the Ronald Reagan Institute clearly demonstrates how woke ideology insidiously erodes public trust and confidence in the military. Our brave patriots serving in uniform deserve so much better.
President Trump pledged in his 2024 announcement that he will “get Biden’s Radical Left ideology out of our military” and that we will again have “peace through strength.”