From Heritage Action for America:
The Department of Education is set to soon release a major rule change to Title IX.
As you may know, Title IX prohibits discriminiation based on sex in any educational institution that directly or indirectly recieves Federal funding (the vast majority of schools/universities).
Now, Biden and his radicals in the Education Department want to change the definition of “sex” in Title IX to include sex stereotypes, sex-related characteristics (including intersex traits), pregnancy or related conditions, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
The consequences are profound:
- Women will lose out on athletic scholarships. This rule change will require schools and universities to allow men who identify as female to compete in women’s sports. Women’s sports will be crushed and women will lose countless scholarship opportunities to biological men.
- Hurts women’s long-term professional opportunities. One study revealed that 94% of senior female executives played competitive sports. 43% of NCAA student athletes do not receive scholarships. By allowing males to compete in women’s sports, it doesn’t just impact their scholarships, but their opportunity to get on the playing field in the first place. This will hurt women in the long run.
- Deprives girls and boys of privacy and safety. Men who identify as women will be allowed to access women’s locker rooms, dorm rooms, bathrooms, overnight accommodations, and any other sex-segregated space. And vice-versa.
- And more.
The Left has been waging a war to change the meaning of Sex and Gender. Nancy Pelosi changed the House rules to remove all gendered words. She won’t say grandmother, uncle, niece, or brother-in-law.
If the Left can convince America that there is such a thing as a pregnant male, then they’ll be able to convince the populace of anything.
They’ll redefine any idea, policy, or agenda:
- “Free Speech” will mean “accepted view”
- “Equality” will mean “discriminating against the right people.”
- “God-given Rights” will mean “government-issued permissions.”
It’s important that we stand our ground, and not let the Left redefine all of America.
Once Biden’s new rule on sex and gender is officially released to the Federal Register, any American has the opportunity to submit a public comment for at least 30 days. Sometimes, enough public backlash can tank a rule change. If not, comments submitted can provide more hurdles for the Left to overcome in court.
We’ll let you know when the comment period begins… So stay tuned!!