State Sen. Randy Feenstra is running for the Republican nomination in Iowa House Congressional District 4. You can learn more about his candidacy here.
1. What is the purpose of government:
To preserve liberty.
2. What issues do you consider non-negotiable:
Anything that conflicts with my Christian conservative values. I will always defend our God-given rights to life, liberty and property.
3. What one thing would you most like to accomplish should you earn a seat in Congress:
Ban abortion once and for all. Because of my pro-life record and views, I’m the only candidate endorsed by National Right to Life.
4. What, if anything, would you do to strengthen religious liberty at the federal level:
There is nothing more important to preserving liberty than ensuring we have conservative judges. As a member of Congress, I’ll work to ensure tax code is NOT weaponized against conservative institutions, like churches, and laws are NOT passed that require religious institutions to do things they oppose, like the Obamacare mandate on religious institutions that they provide contraceptives.
5. There are efforts to increase the federal gas tax 25 cents a mile, is this something you’d support:
The federal has a spending problem, not a revenue problem. We shouldn’t raise any taxes on Americans.
6. How do you suggest balancing the budget and working toward elimination of the national debt:
First, pass a balanced budget amendment. That would require Congress to begin to prioritize their spending. I would also support the elimination of federal departments like the Department of Education.
7. Are there any scenarios where you would support a pathway to citizenship and/or amnesty for any illegal immigrants in America:
No, I oppose amnesty. I support building the wall and banning sanctuary cities.
8. Do you believe sanctuary cities are a danger to the citizens who live in them and what, if anything, would you do in Congress to either encourage or discourage sanctuary city policies:
Sanctuary cities are a danger to our safety and we should end all funding to all sanctuary cities, just like we did in Iowa.
9. What federal action would you support in terms of climate change, if any:
I would strongly oppose any climate change schemes like the Green New Deal.
10. Would you support any red flag gun legislation:
I am 100% opposed to red flag laws and would oppose them or any other gun control schemes in all forms. That’s why I have an A rating from the NRA.
11. Give a general rundown of your on American foreign policy:
I support President Trump’s America First foreign policy. Our allies should trust and our enemies should fear us.
12. Do you support term limits for Congress:
Yes, I signed the term limit pledge to support term limits for all members of Congress.
13. What are your thoughts on the Electoral College:
I support the electoral college.
14. What issue can you envision working with Democrat members of Congress on right away:
Just as I have in the Iowa Senate, I will stick to my conservative principles. My focus is on delivering conservative results for the people of Iowa, not winning the support of Democrats.
15. What excites you most about possibly representing Iowa in Congress:
Ensuring we have an effective conservative that delivers results to defend our 2nd Amendment, secure our borders, protect innocent life and reduce the tax burden on Iowa farmers, families and job creators.
Iowa’s Fourth Congressional District: