Today, U.S. Rep. Randy Feenstra (R-Hull) voted for, and the U.S. House of Representatives passed, a critical military and humanitarian aid package to support Ukraine’s war effort against Vladimir Putin and rebuild the American military to prepare for potential conflicts around the globe. It passed the House by a bipartisan vote of 368 to 57.
“Despite all odds, the brave people of Ukraine are beating back Putin’s unjustified invasion of their country, and now more than ever, the United States must show strength and leadership on the global stage as Ukraine’s existence hangs in the balance,” said Rep. Feenstra. “Further, this crucial legislation will rebuild our military might and ensure American troops stationed near Ukraine receive the benefits they deserve. As a beacon of hope for freedom around the world, we must continue to support Ukraine and ensure that Putin is resoundingly defeated.”
Among several provisions, this package will specifically provide $8.7 billion to replenish U.S. stockpiles of military equipment sent to Ukraine through drawdown authority and $3.9 billion for mission support, intelligence support, and hardship pay for American troops deployed in the region.
Feenstra has supported every piece of legislation this Congress to help Ukraine defend itself against Putin’s evil regime, including:
- The Ukraine Democracy Defense Lend-Lease Actto expedite the delivery of military equipment to Ukraine.
- The Asset Seizure for Ukraine Reconstruction Actto confiscate and sell Russian oligarchs’ lucrative assets to fund Ukraine’s recovery.
- Legislation suspending energy imports and normal trade relations with Russia and Belarus.
- Legislation expressing American support for Moldova’s democracy, independence, and territorial integrity as well as strengthening U.S.-Moldova relations.
- The annual defense spending package to fund our military, give our troops a well-deserved pay raise, and deliver critical aid to Ukraine.