Informed Choice Iowa is hosting Freedom Rally 2.0 on Monday, Jan. 11. The event is a protest in response to Gov. Kim Reynolds’ mask mandates and Iowa’s “unconstitutional” emergency powers.
Monday marks the first day legislators return for the session. The group plans to greet legislators as they enter the building.
Legislators will be invited to speak after their initial meeting concludes at around 11 a.m. The event is expected to wrap up at 12:30 p.m.
ICI said it will likely be the second-floor rotunda, noting they will be the “loud group with signs and noise makers.”
The protest is for:
- Iowans sick and tired of our constitutionally protected freedoms being trampled on all in the name of “public health”
- Iowa Employers who have been the “whipping boy” for unconstitutional mandates and public harassment if they dare to operate according to their personal convictions
- Businesses who have been jerked around this year and forced to open and close at the whim of bureaucrats
- Individuals who feel a mask mandate could just as easily lead to a vaccine mandate, all in the name of “public health”
- Individuals who feel bullied and segregated from society because they are healthy and want equal access to daily essentials and business services
- Churches wanting to encourage their congregations to rise above fear and ensure their right to gather is protected
- Parents who want their kids back in school learning and living a normal life with their friends
- Individuals who reject the mainstream media narrative and choose to breathe fresh air and live a life without fear
- Iowans who are concerned with the other personal health needs that are not being considered by our public health department (i.e. depression, suicide, isolation, etc.)