***Gene Stevens will need help collecting signatures and with donations to mount a successful school board campaign. If you’re interested in helping him, please reach out to him.***
If we learned anything in the last year, we learned that politics do not mix well with everything. And that divisive politics and fear took the place of common sense. Really important aspects of our lives, such as work and family were deeply affected. Unfortunately, our kids were caught in the middle of this. I am not only a public servant. I am a parent who has kids in the Ankeny School District and my concerns for their well-being and future run deep. Our children’s overall prosperity is the tangibles of our future, of our community. We as parents owe all of our kids a safe and respectful environment. Where education takes priority over politics and all people are respected and parents opinions and concerns for their kids play a role in education.
If I am elected I will work for the parents and community. I will actively and openly listen to what parents have to say without bias. I will not walk away from difficult conversations.
About Gene Stevens:
- A seasoned and experienced public servant.
- Served as a Police Officer for over 30 years in the capacity of a Patrol Officer, D.A.R.E Officer and Juvenile Officer in the Illinois juvenile justice system.
- Also served 18 years in the military.
- Served as Student Senator at the College of Lake County Illinois.
- Helped to draft and pass important legislation which created a safer work environment for security officers in Illinois.
- Currently Precinct Chairman Ankeny 05, Polk County Iowa Republican Central Committee 2020.