Google tagged a few stories from The Iowa Standard as violating the Big Tech giant’s policies. Here are the links to the stories as well as the standards they violate:
STORY: More people are discussing students identifying as cats in schools.
VIOLATION: Dangerous or derogatory content. Google does not allow content that:
- incites hatred against, promotes discrimination of, or disparages an individual or group on the basis of their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or other characteristic that is associated with systemic discrimination or marginalization.
- harasses, intimidates, or bullies an individual or group of individuals.
- threatens or advocates for harm to oneself or others.
- relates to a current, major health crisis and contradicts authoritative, scientific consensus.
- exploits others through extortion.
STORY: Not adding up – Israeli data shows 64.5 percent of hospitalized, 67 percent of seriously ill were fully vaccinated, contradicts Biden and CDC
VIOLATION: Unreliable and harmful claims. Google does not allow content that:
- makes claims that are demonstrably false and could significantly undermine participation or trust in an electoral or democratic process.
- promotes harmful health claims or relates to a current, major health crisis and contradicts authoritative scientific consensus.
- contradicts authoritative scientific consensus on climate change.
STORY: Doctor advocates for informed consent, says pharmacists refused to fill prescriptions for drugs to treat COVID
VIOLATION: Unreliable and harmful claims. (See above for the policy related to this violation in violation #2).
If you want to support The Iowa Standard so we can continue telling stories that Americans need to hear, please consider doing so! We appreciate any and all who contribute financially to keep us afloat. Whether you give once a year or on a monthly basis. We’re looking to find 25 new monthly donors in March and we’re halfway there!
PO Box 112
Sioux Center, IA 51250
With times being tough, there are ways to help aside from financial support. Invite all of your friends and family to follow us on Facebook, download our app and sign up for our email newsletter. Share our stories as often as possible. Forward our email newsletter to like-minded friends.
We appreciate anything you can do to help spread the word about The Iowa Standard.