On Tuesday, Rep. Chip Roy penned a dear colleague letter breaking down examples of the “terrible agencies, programs, and policies” that House Republicans would fund by voting in favor of this week’s continuing resolution (CR) to fund the Biden administration through mid-December.
“As Congress prepares to vote on yet another measure that will continue to fund this administration, Republicans should take a hard look at exactly how these dollars are being used,” Rep. Roy’s letter reads. “[T]his unbridled spending is being weaponized by President Biden’s administration to chip away at the liberties of the American people and target patriotic citizens that do not share the administration’s extreme, far-left worldview.”
The letter includes a six-page, non-exhaustive list of nearly 70 examples of tyrannical government agencies, offices, programs, and policies that Congress regularly funds through annual appropriations bills. This effort builds upon Rep. Roy’s open letter urging Republicans to oppose any CR that empowers Democrats to pass a massive spending bill to fund the administration’s priorities after the upcoming election.
Full text of the letter can be found below and at the link here.
Dear House Republican Colleagues,
Earlier this year, the United States achieved the dubious distinction of surpassing $30 trillion in gross national debt. But that did not stop Congress from approving hundreds of billions in new, unpaid for spending, exacerbating inflation and adding to the national debt in the process.
Worse still, this unbridled spending is being weaponized by President Biden’s administration to chip away at the liberties of the American people and target patriotic citizens that do not share the administration’s extreme, far-left worldview. As Congress prepares to vote on yet another measure that will continue to fund this administration, Republicans should take a hard look at exactly how these dollars are being used.
Attached for your consideration is a non-exhaustive list of things funded by discretionary appropriations for FY 2022 that undermine the liberty, security, and freedom of conscience of the American people. Each time we vote to “fund the government,” we are voting to provide funding to each one of these terrible agencies, programs, and policies.
Member of Congress
Funding for Open Borders
- $57.5 billion for a Department of Homeland Security that, under the leadership of Alejandro Mayorkas, has given violent cartels operational control of our border, allowed fentanyl to pour into communities, and undermined our national sovereignty, all while attacking their own employees for doing their jobs.
- $8.2 billion* for Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which reported a 70% reduction in removals last year, refuses to remove the illegally present individuals the administration does not deem a “threat,” and abuses parole authority to release illegal migrants.
- $158 million in economic, law enforcement, and military support for Mexico, which has allowed millions of illegal migrants to flow through its territory into the U.S. unencumbered and has utterly failed to get dangerous cartels under control.
- $95 million in development assistance for a wholly corrupt Honduras, the murder capital of Central America, where many illegal migrants entering the U.S. come from.
- $98 million in aid programs for Guatemala, home to major government corruption that fuels the expansion of transnational criminal organizations, while their own citizenry suffers from pervasive poverty and food insecurity.
- $78 million in aid programs for El Salvador, home to the dangerous gang MS-13, and one of the top contributors to the southern border crisis.
- $4.8 billion to the Office of Refugee Resettlement that has lost migrant children after releasing them to sponsors, including dozens in the Houston, Texas area alone.
- Millions in grants each year to hundreds of NGOs that subsidize and assist migrants in their journey to the U.S., providing “how-to” guidance on reaching our southern border and effectively subsidizing the journey through the provision of various benefits.
Funding for Authoritarian Bureaucrats
- $10.8 billion for a Federal Bureau of Investigation that has been weaponized against parents concerned about schools, President Biden’s political opponent, and, just recently, even a pro-life father of seven.
- $12.6 billion to an IRS that just received a windfall of $80 billion to hire 87,000 new agents, many of whom will be turned against the American people and the administration’s political opponents, like we’ve already seen with the non-profit, Christians Engaged.
- $1.5 billion for a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives that is undermining the 2nd Amendment by pushing gun control via executive fiat and arbitrary enforcement of firearm small businesses.
Funding for Tyrannical “Public Health” Agencies
- $45 billion for the National Institutes of Health that funded dangerous research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology—and across the world—and has refused to accept any responsibility or open inquiries into its potential role in the COVID-19 pandemic.
- $6.3 billion* for the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, which is run by COVID-tyrant-in-chief Anthony Fauci.
- $8.5 billion forthe Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which colluded with teachers’ unions to impose the school lockdowns and mask mandates that caused irreparable harm for millions of kids, censored health data from the public because CDC feared it would be “misinterpreted,” shuttered information on natural immunity, and used taxpayer dollars to buy location data of citizens to monitor whether they were obeying lockdown policies.
- $3.3 billion for a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that lied to the American public about the efficacy of COVID vaccines, enriching Big Pharma in the process.
- $122 million for the World Health Organization, on top of the $280 million it received under Democrats’ “COVID relief” bill, which pushed an unfounded COVID narrative and partnered with Chinese Communists to cover up the role they played in the origins of COVID.
- $612 million for an Occupational Safety and Health Administration that Biden tried – but thankfully failed – to weaponize to force millions of Americans to take a COVID-19 vaccine against their will.
- $94 million forDepartment of Health and Human Services (HHS) Marxist “diversity training.”
- $39 million for the HHS Office of Civil Rights, which actively promotes gender transition surgeries for minors, stating that “gender affirming care for minors, when medically appropriate and necessary, improves their physical and mental health.”
- $64 million for the HHS Office of Minority Health that allocates federal healthcare dollars based on racial and ethnic factors.
- $1.1 million^ for the HHS “Office of Climate Change and Health Equity.”
Funding for Destructive Energy Policies
- $9.5 billion for an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) that recently received a taxpayer-funded windfall of over $40 billion under the so-called “Inflation Reduction Act” so it can further its war on reliable fossil fuel-produced American energy.
- $424 million* for EPA “Clean Air” programs that the radical left has manipulated to destroy reliable powerplants, cripple U.S. refining capacity, and advance climate hysteria.
- $100 million* for EPA “environmental justice,” which was used to create the new Office of Environmental Justice and External Civil Rights that will fuse climate hysteria with elements of critical race theory.
- $14.1 billion for a Department of Interior, which, under the leadership of anti-fracking, Green New Deal supporter Deb Haaland, has leased fewer federal acres for oil and gas development than any administration since WWII.
- At least $5 million* for the Special Presidential Envoy for Climate, John Kerry, so he can jet set around the world in his quest to destroy reliable energy, while browbeating poor nations about the importance of sacrificing their economies to proverbial climate gods.
- $15 million* for the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and UN Framework Convention on Climate Change, both of which were instrumental in developing the disastrous Paris Agreement and are the lead propagators of international climate hysteria.
- $2 billion to a Securities and Exchange Commission that is advancing dangerous ESG investing by forcing public companies to report on their emissions.
- $3.2 billion for the Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, which funnels taxpayer dollars into unreliable “green” energy.
- $825 million for DOE’s Office of Fossil Energy and Carbon Management, which provides crony handouts to massive oil companies and funds the carbon capture pipe dream.
- $450 million for DOE’s Advanced Research Projects Agency—Energy (ARPA-E) to waste taxpayer dollars at high-risk energy projects that never see the light of day.
- $29 million to administer the $40 billion DOE loan program responsible for the Solyndra debacle.
- $20 million for DOE’s Office of Impact and Diversity, which advances “environmental, climate, and energy justice” and ridiculous initiatives like “equity in energy.”
- $36 million* for Bureau of Ocean Energy Management renewable energy programs that are undermining our grid by pushing things like offshore wind energy.
- $31 million* for “Tribal Climate Resilience” at the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
- $131 million to a Nuclear Regulatory Commission that has significantly restricted our ability to build and maintain reliable nuclear powerplants.
- $3.8 billion for a Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program that pays the skyrocketing energy bills of individuals that live in states like New York, which has banned fracking, all while the Biden administration intentionally restricts the production of American energy.
- $385 million to fund ridiculous “international biodiversity” efforts.
- $149 million for the Global Environment Facility, a massive globalist slush fund for “biodiversity protection, nature restoration, pollution reduction, and climate change response in developing countries.”
- $125 million for the Clean Technology Fund that sends U.S. taxpayer dollars to fund fantasy forms of energy in other nations.
Funding for Radical Anti-American and Anti-Biology Ideologies
- $76.4 billion for a Department of Education that is actively subsidizing schools that are failing our kids and funding teachers that are filling their minds with anti-American teachings, such as the school in Texas’ Northside Independent School District that forced a radical equity exercise based on hair color onto 10-year-old kids without parental consent.
- $2 billion* for the Student Aid Administration, which will be responsible for carrying out President Biden’s decision to unfairly cancel at least $400 billion in student loan debt, forcing Americans that paid off their loans or did not go to college to shoulder the burden.
- $885 million* for Department of Education programs that provide funding to colleges based solely on the predominant racial or ethnic composition of their student body.
- $775 million for Washington, D.C., which planned to expel unvaccinated students, shut down businesses like Big Board in the name of COVID tyranny, and used government resources to paint “Black Lives Matter” on their streets, all while crime, homelessness, and the cost-of-living is massively increasing in the city.
- $1 billion to a Small Business Administration that Democrats used to advance anti-American ideologies by prioritizing $28.6 billion in Restaurant Relief Funding based on racial characteristics.
- $1.5 billion for a USDA Farm Service Agency that Democrats tried to exploit to advance critical race theory by providing $4 billion in debt relief to non-white farmers.
- $525 million for a Corporation for Public Broadcasting that is funding programs that are exposing young children to drag shows and radical gender ideologies.
- $1 billion for a Smithsonian Institution that actively promoted anti-American Critical Race Theory through the National Museum of African American History.
- $235 million for federal apprenticeship programs that include grants to equity intermediaries to hire CRT-indoctrination consultants.
- $55 million for a Minority Business Development Agency that allocates taxpayer dollars based on racial and ethnic characteristics, rather than need or merit.
- $15 million for Global Equality Fund, which provides support to “lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and intersex (LGBTQI+) persons around the world.”
- $10 million to United States Agency for International Development (USAID) for “Protection of LGBTQI+ Persons.”
- $500,000 for the U.S. Special Envoy to Advance the Human Rights of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Intersex Persons.
- $32 million for a United Nations Population Fund that violates the conscience of millions of Americans by supporting pro-abortion organizations internationally, going as far as publicly praising China’s abusive population-control programs.
Funding the Degradation of our National Security
- $728 billion to a Department of Defense (DOD) that is more focused on climate change, “diversity training” programs, and constructing training centers with “mixed-sex restrooms, locker rooms and showers” than it is on countering our enemies. Not to mention the fact that DOD is forcing servicemembers out of their jobs with tyrannical no-exception COVID-19 vaccine mandates in the midst of a recruiting crisis.
- $56.1 billion for a Department of State and Foreign Operations budget that is being used for things like adding an unspecified (X) gender designation to passports and allowing U.S. embassies to fly “Pride” and “Black Lives Matter” flags instead of the American flag.
- $9 million for the USAID Office of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility and other DEI initiatives.
- $150 million for the UN Relief and Work Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA), which promotes anti-Israel rhetoric and activities.
- $15 million for the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights which continues to attack Israel, one of our closest allies.
- $10 million for UN Women, which apparently can’t even define what a woman is.
- $471 million for Colombia, which just elected former Marxist guerilla fighter and Venezuela sympathizer, Gustavo Petro, as its president.
And Many More Corrupt and Wasteful Uses of Taxpayer Dollars…
- $9 billion in corrupt, crony earmarks, disguised as “congressionally directed spending.”
- $150 million for the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, DC’s transit system, which won’t even enforce its own fare collection.
- $2.3 billion for the Capital Investment Grants program, which wastes billions of taxpayer dollars each year on ridiculous streetcar projects.
- $775 million for Rebuilding American Infrastructure with Sustainability and Equity (RAISE) grants, which are ostensibly infrastructure grants but are awarded to recipients by the Biden administration based on woke criteria.