***The Iowa Standard is an independent media voice. We rely on the financial support of our readers to exist. Please consider a one-time sign of support or becoming a monthly supporter at $5, $10/month - whatever you think we're worth! If you’ve ever used the phrase “Fake News” — now YOU can actually DO something about it! You can also support us on PayPal at [email protected] or Venmo at Iowa-Standard-2018 or through the mail at: PO Box 112 Sioux Center, IA 51250
Charles Aldrich is running for Iowa House District 56. Aldrich, a Libertarian, is running against Republican candidate Mark Thompson.
Here is House District 56:
- At what point of pregnancy should abortion no longer be an option? When the child takes their first breath. This is a medical procedure, which decision should be between a patient and doctor. In the Bible, book of Job 3:16 “unwanted children are not allowed to see the light of day.”
- Do you support allowing eminent domain to be used for a private, for-profit project? No.
- Do you support Education Savings Accounts for Iowa families? Yes
- Do you support legislation removing sexually explicit, pornographic materials from school libraries? Yes
- Do you support a bill requiring schools to communicate “preferred pronouns” of students to the their parents? Yes; parents need to be informed of their student’s activities.
- Would you support removing gender identity from the Iowa Civil Rights Code? Yes
- Would you support a bill banning “gender-affirming treatment” of minors in Iowa? Yes
- Would you support a bill allowing one legislative candidate to donate some of their campaign funds to another legislative candidate directly, which was outlawed in the 1990s? No; a donor gives money to a candidate, for that candidate to give the donation to another candidate is embezzlement.
- Do you support reforming the Governor’s Emergency Powers in Iowa? Yes; the Emergency Powers need a duration time, which is long enough to pass laws to deal with the Emergency.
- Do you support reforming and/or repealing Iowa’s “Certificate of Need” laws? Yes; repeal and let people or companies setup what is needed in communities.
- Do you support a Religious Freedom & Restoration Act for Iowans? Yes
- Do you support efforts to stop Big Tech censorship in Iowa? Yes
- In Iowa, the penalty is the same for kidnapping and raping a minor as it is for kidnapping, raping and murdering a minor. Would you support a bill allowing for the death penalty in cases where a minor is kidnapped, raped and murdered? No; I am not in favor of the death penalty, because governments can be corrupt and incompetent.
- Do you support mandatory E-Verify for Iowa businesses? No
- Do you support legislation prohibiting an employer from asking an employee for his or her COVID vaccination status? Yes
- Do you support legislation prohibiting discrimination based on COVID vaccination? status? Yes
- Should minors be allowed to attend drag shows? No; drag shows have adult content and should only be attended by adults.
- Do you support allowing the sale of raw milk? Yes
- Would you support getting rid of no-excuse absentee voting? Yes
For more information, visit this link.