Keep the Iowa Standard Going!
Since President Donald Trump took office on January 20, 2017, he is fulfilling his promise to appoint judges who will set aside their personal views and political prejudices in order to protect and honor the Constitution and the rule of law. President Trump’s judicial accomplishments so far include:
- Working with the Senate, President Trump has now had 158 judicial nominees confirmed to the federal bench – a historic transformation of the judiciary.
- President Trump has nominated and had confirmed, two Supreme Court justices, 44 Circuit Court judges, and 112 District Court judges.
- President Trump has appointed more circuit judges by this point in his presidency than any president in recent history.
- Approximately one out of every four active judges on United States Courts of Appeals has been appointed by President Trump.
- This historic transformation is only accelerating, with President Trump on pace to have more judges confirmed this year than in 2017 and 2018 combined.
- President Trump’s historic appointments have already tipped the balance of numerous federal courts to a Republican appointed majority.
- This includes flipping the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit from a Democrat-appointed majority to a Republican-appointed majority.
- Numerous other federal courts have been tilted from an even split to a Republican-appointed majority.
- The Second and Eleventh Circuits are likely to flip by the end of this year.
- Progress has been made in reshaping courts that have long been dominated by Democrat-appointed majorities, like the Ninth Circuit.
- Judges appointed by President Trump are expected to give the nation more than 2,600 years of combined judicial service.
- The average age of circuit judges appointed by President Trump is less than 50 years old – a full 10 years younger than the average age of President Obama’s circuit nominees.
President Trump has consistently nominated people who are committed to originalism. Judges who interpret the law according to the Constitution are critical for maintaining the rule of law and the proper balance of the three branches of government. President Trump is already creating a legacy that will last for decades,” said Mat Staver.