Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison is filing lawsuits against restaurants that defy COVID restrictions. Ellison filed lawsuits against Alibi Drinkery (Lakeville) and Neighbors on the Rum (Princeton) last week.
On Monday, he announced three additional lawsuits against St. Patrick’s Tavern (New Prague), Pour House (Clarks Grove) and The Interchange (Albert Lea).
According to reports, Ellison said that St. Patrick’s Tavern had 150-200 vehicles in its parking lot on Dec. 18. According to witnesses, it was standing room only inside.
Pour House was operating at maximum capacity and no face coverings were worn by any employee or customer — according to a dozen complaints received by the state.
The Interchange held an indoor concert on Dec. 17. The Minnesota Department of Health issued a cease-and-desist order to The Interchange, but the restaurant owner vowed to keep on-side dining.
“There are 10,000 restaurants and 1,500 bars in Minnesota. By far the vast majority of them have served their communities by complying with the law all along. Unfortunately, a very small handful are threatening their customers, their workers, and their communities by refusing to comply and violating the law. Their insistence on violating the law is simply prolonging the pain of the pandemic for everyone,” Ellison told CBS Local.