Democrat State Sen. Claire Celsi shared her top 11 reasons that Gov. Kim Reynolds should not run for her office in 2022.
In the interest of a true countdown, I’m going to reverse the order for her.
11. Kim Reynolds has clearly shown that she doesn’t support funding public education – instead, she has become a cheerleader for vouchers, privately run charter schools and other policies that harm public education.
10. Kim Reynolds is allowing Iowa’s environment to degrade through poor farming practices, lack of water quality regulation and an explosion of Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations.
9. Kim Reynolds supports extreme legislation that seeks to ban abortion in Iowa.
8. Kim Reynolds cares more about cutting taxes for businesses than she does about improving the average Iowan’s life.
7. Kim Reynolds supports policies that don’t protect workers.
6. Kim Reynolds hires political lackeys for important jobs so that she can be in control.
5. Kim Reynolds attempts to misuse federal funds for pet projects.
4. Kim Reynolds’ administration is the least transparent in Iowa history.
3. Kim Reynolds pretends to care about issues such as racial justice, but she really doesn’t.
2. Kim Reynolds knew facts about the pandemic that would save lies but instead chose to kiss Donald Trump’s rear end and made it political.
- Kim Reynolds does not have a moral compass.