Alejandro Murguia-Ortiz is a “No Party” candidate running for Iowa Senate in District 17. Murguia-Ortiz is one of three candidates, running against Democrat nominee Izaah Knox and Libertarian ToyA Johnson.
Here is Senate District 17:
- At what point of pregnancy should abortion no longer be an option? This is not for the government to decide.
- Do you support allowing eminent domain to be used for a private, for-profit project? No.
- Do you support Education Savings Accounts for Iowa families? Education should be a public good.
- Do you support legislation removing sexually explicit, pornographic materials from school libraries? Unnecessary.
- Do you support a bill requiring schools to communicate “preferred pronouns” of students to the their parents? Unnecessary. If a parent wants to know their kid’s preferred pronouns, they should ask them themselves.
- Would you support removing gender identity from the Iowa Civil Rights Code? No. Queer people aren’t the enemy, rich people and the government are.
- Would you support a bill banning “gender-affirming treatment” of minors in Iowa? No. Queer people aren’t the enemy, rich people and the government are.
- Would you support a bill allowing one legislative candidate to donate some of their campaign funds to another legislative candidate directly, which was outlawed in the 1990s? I don’t really care.
- Do you support reforming the Governor’s Emergency Powers in Iowa? Yes.
- Do you support reforming and/or repealing Iowa’s “Certificate of Need” laws? Yes.
- Do you support a Religious Freedom & Restoration Act for Iowans? Unnecessary.
- Do you support efforts to stop Big Tech censorship in Iowa? Yes.
- In Iowa, the penalty is the same for kidnapping and raping a minor as it is for kidnapping, raping and murdering a minor. Would you support a bill allowing for the death penalty in cases where a minor is kidnapped, raped and murdered? No.
- Do you support mandatory E-Verify for Iowa businesses? No.
- Do you support legislation prohibiting an employer from asking an employee for his or her COVID vaccination status? No.
- Do you support legislation prohibiting discrimination based on COVID vaccination status? Unnecessary.
- Should minors be allowed to attend drag shows? Yes, drag can be PG, Mrs. Doubtfire was PG-13 I believe.
- Do you support allowing the sale of raw milk? Maybe
- Would you support getting rid of no-excuse absentee voting? No.
To learn more about Murguia-Ortiz’s candidacy, visit the following links: