Congressman Bob Good (VA-05) calls out President Biden’s newly unveiled FY2024 budget as a failure to recognize the nation’s fiscal crisis.
“Americans can no longer afford Washington’s addiction to spending,” said Congressman Good. “Whether at the grocery store buying eggs or fueling up at the gas station, the people of the 5th District of Virginia and across this country are feeling the consequences of bad economic policies from the Biden Administration.”
The record $6.9 trillion Biden budget would continue to pile onto the $31.6 trillion national debt at a time when the President is refusing to negotiate a fiscally responsible path forward and threatening to default on our debt. Rep. Good weighed in further on the debt limit with the following op-ed published today: The Hill: Rep. Good – Asking The Right Questions About The Debt Limit
“President Biden’s newly unveiled budget would waste hard-earned taxpayer dollars on a radical leftist agenda, drive us deeper into debt, and raise taxes on a fragile economy. Right now, when Americans desperately need a return to economic stability, Biden’s Budget proposal fails to recognize the nation’s fiscal crisis.”
Lowlights of the Woke, Weaponized and Wasteful Biden Budget Proposal:
- $52 billion for climate projects and so-called “environmental justice.”
- Weaponizes the Department of Veterans’ Affairs by providing “gender affirming services” for veterans.
- Hundreds of billions of dollars for so-called “equity” priorities.
- Abolishes incentivizes for oil and gas companies, undermining American energy independence.
- $4.5 trillion in economy-crippling tax increases.
- $2 billion for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to expand gun control efforts.
- $14.1 billion for the already bloated Internal Revenue Service.
- NO funding for the Southern Border wall to secure our border and protect Americans.
- 5.2% pay increase for federal government employees.
- A $7 billion no-strings-attached borrowed gift to Ukraine.
- $7.3 billion for the Office of Refugee and Resettlement to welcome millions more illegals into the U.S.