***The Iowa Standard is an independent media voice. We rely on the financial support of our readers to exist. Please consider a one-time sign of support or becoming a monthly supporter at $5, $10/month - whatever you think we're worth! If you’ve ever used the phrase “Fake News” — now YOU can actually DO something about it! You can also support us on PayPal at [email protected] or Venmo at Iowa-Standard-2018 or through the mail at: PO Box 112 Sioux Center, IA 51250
Sarah Abdouch is a Republican running for Iowa House District 20. Her opponent is Democrat Josh Turek.
Here is House District 20:
- At what point of pregnancy should abortion no longer be an option? Conception.
- Do you support allowing eminent domain to be used for a private, for-profit project? No.
- Do you support Education Savings Accounts for Iowa families? Yes.
- Do you support legislation removing sexually explicit, pornographic materials from school libraries? Yes.
- Do you support a bill requiring schools to communicate “preferred pronouns” of students to the their parents? Yes. Although I believe schools need to be out of this discussion entirely. They have no right to administer a “gender orientation” to children and should be banned from having these conversations.
- Would you support removing gender identity from the Iowa Civil Rights Code? Yes.
- Would you support a bill banning “gender-affirming treatment” of minors in Iowa? Yes.
- Would you support a bill allowing one legislative candidate to donate some of their campaign funds to another legislative candidate directly, which was outlawed in the 1990s? Uncertain. Probably yes. Need to learn more about it.
- Do you support reforming the Governor’s Emergency Powers in Iowa? Yes.
- Do you support reforming and/or repealing Iowa’s “Certificate of Need” laws? Yes.
- Do you support a Religious Freedom & Restoration Act for Iowans? Yes.
- Do you support efforts to stop Big Tech censorship in Iowa? Yes.
- In Iowa, the penalty is the same for kidnapping and raping a minor as it is for kidnapping, raping and murdering a minor. Would you support a bill allowing for the death penalty in cases where a minor is kidnapped, raped and murdered? Yes. I would support the use of the death penalty in a number of heinous scenarios, as well as a fast-tracking appeals system to reduce the burden on the taxpayers of keeping these monsters alive.
- Do you support mandatory E-Verify for Iowa businesses? Yes.
- Do you support legislation prohibiting an employer from asking an employee for his or her COVID vaccination status? Yes.
- Do you support legislation prohibiting discrimination based on COVID vaccination status? Yes.
- Should minors be allowed to attend drag shows? No.
- Do you support allowing the sale of raw milk? Yes.
- Would you support getting rid of no-excuse absentee voting? Yes.
For more information about Abdouch’s candidacy, follow these links: