President Trump’s leadership in the face of coronavirus has delivered much-needed relief that will help millions of Americans.
- $500 billion in emergency loans for businesses and municipalities.
- Increased unemployment by $600 per week for four months, which will help gig economy and other furloughed workers
- $150 billion for hospitals treating coronavirus patients, with $100 billion going directly to the hospitals, $1 billion to Native American Health Services, and the remaining to increase the medical equipment supply.
- Another $150 billion will go to state and local governments who have been dealing with the impacts of the coronavirus and $8 billion will go to tribal governments.
- One-time $1,200 check will be sent to adults who make $75,000 or less, married couples earning up to $150,000 will receive $2,400, and a $500 payment will be sent to cover every child in qualifying households.
- $367 billion to provide loans to small businesses.
Despite the relentless attacks from Democrats and the media, a strong majority of America is behind President Trump’s leadership during the coronavirus pandemic.
- ABC/Washington Post poll: 66% express confidence in the federal government’s ability to handle the outbreak.
- Gallup poll: 60% approve of the President’s response to the coronavirus. The Gallup poll also showed an increase in the President’s approval rating among independents and Democrats.
- Hill-Harris poll: 61% of voters say President Trump is taking strong measures to slow or stop coronavirus spread.
- ABC/Ipsos poll: 55% approve of the President’s management of the crisis.
- CBS News poll: 53% say the President is doing a good job of handling the outbreak.
“President Donald Trump has shown swift and decisive leadership during a time of immense global challenges. The American people are receiving the relief they need as we battle the coronavirus and our economy is getting a boost at the right time thanks to President Trump.” – RNC Spokesperson Preya Samsundar