Three years into Donald Trump’s presidency, the economy continues to smash expectations.
According to Gallup, 90% of Americans are satisfied with personal life, the highest in 4 decades and 63% of America approves of President Trump’s handling of the economy. That’s the highest for any president in almost 20 years.
So let’s get into the numbers:
- The U.S. has added more than 7 million jobs since President Trump was elected.
- The U.S. added 225,000 jobs in January.
- Construction added 44,000 jobs.
- Transportation & Warehousing added 28,0000 jobs.
- The labor force participation rate edged up to 63.4%, a seven-year high.
- Wages grew at more than 3% for the 18th month in a row, a benchmark reached for just 3 months total under President Obama.
- Wage increases for nonsupervisory workers continue to outpace total gains
- The unemployment rate remained near generational lows at 3.6%.
- The African American unemployment rate remained near record lows at 6%.
- The Hispanic unemployment rate remained near record lows at 4.3%.
- The unemployment rate for women remained near generational lows at 3.5%.
- The Asian American unemployment rate remained low at 3%.