Keep the Iowa Standard Going!

$ 25.00
Select Payment Method
Personal Info

Billing Details

Donation Total: $25.00 Monthly

Senator Claire Celsi (D-West Des Moines) posted the following to her political Facebook page on Sunday:

Another weekend in America and two more tragic mass shootings to add to the outrageous tally of horror.

What is wrong with our politicians? Are they so scared of the NRA that they cannot speak? Thoughts and prayers tossed out like candy? Gimme a break.

Thoughts and prayers needs to turn in to resolve and action.

We have easy access to weapons that are only useful for mass slaughter.

We have a hodgepodge of gun laws that make it difficult to regulate gun purchases, register these dangerous weapons, and enforce the rules across state lines.

We have a Congress that is bought and paid for by the NRA and seems to think they don’t need to be accountable to the American people.

90% of all Americans want stronger gun safety laws. Right now, the other 10% are winning. And the safety and security of our communities has gone out the window with our common sense.

What can we do? Prayers aren’t cutting it, people.

Action is necessary. The U.S. House has already passed groundbreaking gun safety legislation and the U.S. Senate has done nothing.

Get on the phones and call. Start emailing. Fax them if you have to! Here are the names of our Iowa Senators who hold the key to better gun safety laws:

Senator Charles Grassley
Washington, D.C.
135 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510
(202) 224-3744
Fax: (202) 224-6020

Des Moines
721 Federal Building
210 Walnut Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
(515) 288-1145
Fax: (515) 288-5097

Senator Joni Ernst
Washington, D.C.
111 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Phone: (202) 224-3254
Fax: (202) 224-9369

Des Moines
733 Federal Building
210 Walnut Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
Phone: (515) 284-4574
Fax: (515) 284-4937