Keep the Iowa Standard Going!
We have reported all about the Ames Community School District’s planned abuse and indoctrination of children coming up on Feb. 1-5. We also sent 10 questions to the superintendent as well as the members of the schoolboard.
Here are those questions:
1. Do you believe this is appropriate material (all of it) for students in your district?
2. Do you believe 100% of the families in your district agree with this material?
3. Do you believe it is appropriate to teach preschool students the definition of “transgender” and “nonbinary?”
4. Do you believe the “kid-friendly” version of BLM’s 13 guiding principles is appropriate for early childhood/elementary students? Among these principles is that everyone has a “right” to choose their own gender by listening to their own heart and mind. They can choose if they are a boy, a girl, neither, both or something else.
5. How does that specific principle conform to what Ames Community Schools teach in biology classes?
6. Can you tell me what “something else” is when it comes to deciding to be a boy, a girl, both or neither? What would you say “something else” is? What else does someone have the right to choose to be?
7. Do you agree with the message aimed at high school students that “white people hate protests” and most white people are ignoring injustice and violence?
8. If you are a school board member, did you campaign on bringing these issues into the classroom? If so, do you have any campaign messages, articles, handouts detailing this promise?
9. Can parents opt-out of this week of indoctrination?
10. Do you believe it would be more appropriate to have parents opt-in rather than opt-out when teaching subjects like this?
If and when we receive responses, we will gladly publish them.
Feel free to contact Ames superintendent, Jenny Risner.
Her phone number is 515-268-6660 and her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact the members of the Ames School Board:
Sabrina Shields-Cook, President: email@example.com
Michelle Lenkaitis, Vice President: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alisa Frandsen, Director: email@example.com
Allen Bierbaum, Director:
Monic Behnken, Director:
Jamet Colton, Director:
Gina Perez, Director: