From Liberty Counsel Action:
As a result of the Biden administration’s current attempt to hand ultimate control of America’s health care and national sovereignty over to the World Health Organization’s (WHO) governing legislative body, the World Health Assembly (WHA), Senior Counsel for Governmental Affairs Jonathan M. Alexandre delivered petitions last week with 21,125 signatures to U.S. Senate members in the State, Foreign Operations and Related Programs Committee and the Labor, Health and Human Services, Education Committee, urging them to “oppose any treaty, instrument or agreement that would give WHO global authority over the United States or any other sovereign country in any matter.”
On May 21-30, 2023, the 76th World Health Assembly will convene in Geneva, Switzerland, attempting a global power grab by seeking to have the 194 member nations adopt a completely new international agreement, commonly referred to as the proposed “Pandemic Treaty,” in addition to adopting proposed amendments to the International Health Regulations (IHR).
Both of these documents will hand over national sovereignty and authority to the WHO, which during the COVID pandemic, carried the water for the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) regarding the Wuhan lab.
The proposed “Pandemic Treaty” would give the WHO control over “pathogens with pandemic potential” as well as control over the production of all pharmaceutical products for the world.
For example, the top ten reasons why this “treaty” is detrimental to America are:
1. THE WHO WANTS CONTROL: Three separate times the WHO attempts to assert its desire to gain additional authority by usurping the sovereignty of the member nations. (Pages 4, 12 and 22)
2. COMMON BUT DIFFERENTIATED RESPONSIBILITIES: Each nation would receive only one vote, and all nations would be legally bound by the obligations of the WHO CA+, but some nations would be required to do and provide more than others in unspecified ways. (Page 11)
3. WHO GLOBAL PANDEMIC SUPPLY CHAIN AND LOGISTICS NETWORK: The WHO would be empowered to determine, control and direct the global supply of pharmaceutical products and all nations would be legally obligated to obey their dictates. (Page 13)
4. SPEED UP REGULATORY APPROVAL OF DRUGS: Nations would be obligated to decrease the time required to approve new drugs, regardless of issues regarding safety and effectiveness. (Page 15)
5. SUPPORT FOR GAIN OF FUNCTION: Nations would be encouraged to engage in “innovative research and development for addressing novel pathogens” while ensuring that regulatory standards “do NOT create any unnecessary administrative hurdles for research.” (Page 16)
6. PATHOGEN ACCESS AND BENEFITS-SHARING SYSTEM: The WHO wants to be in control of “all pathogens with pandemic potential, including their genomic sequences, as well as access to benefits arising therefrom.” The WHO also wants to receive “real-time access to 20% of the production of… pandemic-related products.” (Pages 17-18)
7. ATTEMPTS TO JUSTIFY RESTRICTIONS OF UNALIENABLE HUMAN RIGHTS: The WHO is attempting to rebrand isolation, restrictions and quarantines as “Protection of Human Rights.” (Page 21)
8. CENSORSHIP: The WHO wants to increase funding to “tackle false, misleading, misinformation or disinformation,” “managing infodemics through… social media” and “to counteract misinformation, disinformation and false news.” (Page 23)
9. ENORMOUS, UNSPECIFIED COSTS: The WHO CA+ would require tens of billions of dollars to be spent during inter-pandemic times on products that would provide dubious health benefits but consistent profits for the Pharmaceutical Hospital Emergency Industrial Complex. (Pages 25-26)
10. ADDITIONAL BUREAUCRACY: The Conference of the Parties (COP) would create yet another enormous bureaucracy to be ruled over by two Presidents and 4 Vice Presidents. (Pages 26-27)
Alexandre said, “The Biden administration is attempting to have the United States unilaterally join into an unconstitutional agreement that will usurp the power of Americans regarding anything the World Health Organization deems a ‘health emergency.’ We must keep petitioning the U.S. Senate to represent the will of the people against this international power grab. America’s sovereignty is not for sale.”