Every revolution seeks to distort, tarnish, and destroy any sign of the positive accomplishments of the society they seek to replace. During our own Revolution, our ancestors tore down statues of George III and melted them down to make bullets and cannons. Therefore, it’s no surprise that during the current Democrat-led revolt the military wings of the party, BLM and ANTIFA, seek to desecrate and destroy the monuments raised by generations of patriotic Americans celebrating our shared culture.
The first cases of this iconoclastic frenzy were aimed at heroes of the Confederacy. The fact that they were slave owners is used as justification for their fall from the pedestal. The same logic is applied to Washington, Jefferson, Madison, and others among our most prominent Founders and Framers. Christopher Columbus is attacked for the crime of bringing Western Civilization to the Americas. All of this has blazed across our screens.
Now they are coming for President Lincoln because though he was anti-slavery for his entire public career and even took a bullet in the head because he freed the slaves, he wasn’t pro-black enough for BLM. And they have spread their attack to include General Grant who smashed the South and Teddy Roosevelt who built the Panama Canal and introduced America as a world power. Where will it end? It won’t until every vestige of the original American culture is eradicated, and statues of Marx, Field Marshal Cinque, Huey Newton, Bobby Seale, Malcolm X, and Nancy Pelosi fill every town square. Make no mistake about it, this is not a crusade for social justice, this is a revolution to replace the old America with a new America.
While Democrat leaders in Washington and around the country cheered the rebels on as the next step in their attempt to reverse the election of 2016, Republican leaders mostly stood silent wringing their hands afraid to do anything for fear of being labeled racists. You’d think by now they would know that whatever they do they’ll be labeled as racists by the Deep State, its media propaganda arm, and their black-shirted bullyboys in the street. In stark contrast, President Trump has stepped into the breach.
Defining the situation and clearly describing the rebels our president said, “They’re tearing down statues, desecrating monuments, and purging dissenters. It’s not the behavior of a peaceful political movement; it’s the behavior of totalitarians and tyrants and people that don’t love our country.” And clarifying his approach to justice in these cases of revolutionary vandalism by saying, “Long prison terms for these lawless acts against our Great Country!”
In recent weeks we have seen rioters senselessly deface and destroy historical sites, monuments, and statues.
- Rioters have defaced and torn down monuments and statues honoring some of the most important figures in our Nation’s storied history.
- In Portland, mobs tore down statues of our Founding Fathers–George Washington and Thomas Jefferson.
- In San Francisco, rioters tore down a statue honoring Ulysses S. Grant.
- There are even calls to remove statues of Abraham Lincoln in Boston and Washington, D.C.
- A statue of Hans Christian Heg, who died fighting for the Union Army during the civil war, was torn down in Wisconsin.
- These monuments memorialize the history we all share as Americans, and they deserve to be defended for future generations.
The George Floyd/1619 riots have now become the most destructive and expensive period of rebellion and mayhem since the Civil War. Millions perhaps billions of dollars’ worth of property has been destroyed. Thousands of businesses, many black owned, have been burned, looted, and closed ending the personal dreams of entrepreneurs and making their years of sacrifice and hard work fruitless. If this lawlessness is allowed to continue it’s only a matter of time until America as we have known her is toppled from her pedestal along with Columbia and Lady Liberty.
However, we can praise God that President Trump is fulfilling his duty to defend the life, property, and rights of the American people.
- President Trump will not tolerate the rampant violence and destruction that has occurred over the last 5 weeks.
- Left-wing extremists are rioting, looting, and calling for the destruction of the United States system of government.
- Through mob intimidation, these violent extremists are attempting to impose their ideology on the law-abiding citizens of this country.
- Some State and local governments are failing their citizens by not distinguishing between peaceful protest and violent chaos.
Using the power of his office President Trump is not wringing his hands he is putting his hand to the plow and working to save our heritage from the ravenous wolves of revolution howling in the night. Our President is taking action to defend our Nation’s historical monuments, statues, and memorials.
- President Trump has signed an Executive Order that ensures that any person or group that destroys or vandalizes a monument, memorial, or statue is prosecuted to the fullest extent.
- United States law authorizes a penalty of up to 10 years imprisonment for the willful injury of Federal property.
- The Executive Order also directs that those who incite violence and illegal activity are prosecuted to the fullest extent under the law.
- State and local law enforcement agencies that fail to protect monuments, memorials, and statues will be subject to the withholding of Federal support.
- The Attorney General will take all appropriate action against individuals and organizations found to have participated in unlawful acts—related to rioting and the destruction of Federal property.
- The Federal Government will ensure personnel are available across the Nation to assist with the protection of Federal monuments, memorials, statues, and property.
As his actions begin to take effect the President tweeted, “These arsonists, anarchists, looters, and agitators have been largely stopped. I am doing what is necessary to keep our communities safe and these people will be brought to Justice!”
Is America perfect? No there’s nothing on this earth that’s perfect except for the love of God in and through Jesus Christ. But even when we paint the picture, warts and all, America is still the last best hope of humanity for freedom. Have we made mistakes, committed sins, and fallen short of God’s command to love the Lord our God with all our heart and soul and to love our neighbor as ourselves? Of course, we have. However, America is still the most noble experiment in self-rule and liberty in world history.
Now is the time for all good citizens to come to the defense of their country. We’re being assaulted from within. The time to stand up for what we believe is here. If we don’t stand for something, we’ll fall for anything.
Keep the Faith. Keep the Peace. We shall overcome.