Our president has taken bold and dramatic action to fight the war against the invisible enemy. He was the first to step forward taking action to ban flights from China, the source of the problem. The Democrats who identify as journalists and ones who infest our Congress called him a racist for that. They were so busy trying to impeach him for seeking to investigate Swampy Joe’s Ukrainian Quid pro quo blackmail stunt they didn’t have time to notice the emerging threat to life as we know it.
Now after the best economy America’s ever seen has stalled out because of the pandemic Nancy, Chuck, and their minions are attempting to implement Rahm Emmanuel’s cynical advice to Obama during the 2008-9 meltdown, “You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it’s an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.”
President Trump works day and night to marshal every resource at America’s disposal while working within our federalist system in the fight against the global Coronavirus pandemic. He’s repeatedly expressed his gratitude to our nation’s local leaders, doctors, nurses, law enforcement, and first responders who are waging this battle on the ground. He knows they need all the help they can get. He also knows American workers, businesses, and American families deserve immediate relief and certainty as they face this unprecedented and difficult situation.
President Trump has told Congress repeatedly to send him a bill that will protect our economy, our jobs, and our family’s futures from this global pandemic. Senate Republicans have stood up and said they’re ready to send a relief bill to the President’s desk. The Democrats have now voted it down twice in what Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell denounced as “absolutely mindless obstruction.”
Instead of passing a clean bill that addresses the needs of the nation, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer takes advantage of Senate rules to block the passage of the relief bill. Over in the House Speaker Pelosi unveils a monstrosity of a Christmas Tree pork-laden substitute that goes on for 1,119 pages. Here is a partial list of what the Kleptocrats want to shove down our throat:
1. $300 million in funding for public broadcasting.
2. Expansive new tax credits for solar and wind energy.
3. New emissions standards for airlines and a requirement for full carbon offset by 2025.
4. Required same-day voter registration and early voting.
5. Bailouts for the U.S. Postal Service, the union pension fund and student loans.
6. Retirement plans for community newspaper employees.
7. Publication of corporate pay statistics by race, and race statistics for all corporate boards.
8. A $1 billion “Cash for Clunkers”-style program where the government buys planes from airlines.
9. $1.5 million to study climate change mitigation efforts in civil aviation and aerospace industries.
10.New and burdensome OSHA requirements on hospitals.
11. $1 billion to build on a program expanded by President Barack Obama that provides discounted phone service for low-income consumers.
12. Publication of corporate pay statistics by race and race statistics for all corporate boards
13. Provisions on official time for union collective bargaining
14. Publication and reporting of greenhouse gas statistics for individual flights
15. Retirement plans for community newspaper employees
16. Federal $15 minimum wage
17. Permanent paid leave
18. Study on climate change mitigation efforts
What does any of that have to do with helping secure America during this fight for our survival?
This power play makes it abundantly clear the Democrats in Congress aren’t interested in rescuing our country. They don’t care about rescuing our economy. The only thing they want to rescue is their hyper-partisan agenda. And these advocates of social engineering and personal power are willing to hold America hostage to do it. As House Majority Whip Rep. James Clyburn (D-SC) reportedly told Democrats on a conference call last week we should exploit the coronavirus stimulus saying, “This is a tremendous opportunity to restructure things to fit our vision.”
Now is not the time for partisan politics. It’s not the time to play politics as usual. And it’s certainly not the time to exploit a crisis for political gain. Now is the time for the political class to pull their heads out of the swamp, listen to the President, and finish good-faith negotiations to deliver economic and healthcare support to working Americans.
President Trump has asked every American to do their part to help slow the spread of Coronavirus. He’s asked everyone not involved in the critical infrastructure to stay home and to practice social distancing. Most of us have answered the call. Now it’s time for the career politicians to do the same thing. No more excuses. No more delays. Quit playing politics with the life and health of Americans and America. Do your job.
I urge everyone who has a Democrat for their Representative or Senator to contact them and tell them you want a clean relief package without all the giveaways to special interests passed and sent to President Trump now, today, and without delay. If they won’t listen now remember November is coming. Maybe they’ll hear us then?