Joe Biden continues to dominate the RealClear Politics 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination polls. On this, the last day of 2019, Mr. Biden enjoys 32% support versus 21% for Bernie Sanders and 14% for Elizabeth Warren.
As of December 17th, he leads President Trump 48.5% to 44.0% in RCP’s head-to-head national match up.
Since IFL’s mission is all about protecting human life from fertilization to natural death, we are especially interested in the former vice president’s views on the abortion issue. The EWTN video above showcases his progression from pro-life advocate to a candidate with a perfect pro-abortion record. Iowans for LIFE has written about how out-of-touch Democratic candidates are with their constituents on this issue.
Earlier this year, Mr. Biden withdrew his support for the longstanding Hyde Amendment, which bars the use of federal funds to pay for abortion, except to save the life of the mother, or in the cases of incest or rape. He said:
“I’m prepared to accept for me, personally, doctrine of my church” [about when life begins] …
The Church states that doctrine in its Catechism :
“Since the first century the Church has affirmed the moral evil of every procured abortion. This teaching has not changed and remains unchangeable. Direct abortion, that is to say, abortion willed either as an end or a means, is gravely contrary to the moral law”
Biden continues …
… “but I’m not prepared to impose that on every other person.”
Obviously, he IS willing to impose Big Abortion’s view on American taxpayers by forcing them to to be complicit in the moral evil of abortion by paying for it.
Iowans for LIFE canvassed our supporters on how they would respond to the Joe Biden’s of the world who assert:
“I’m personally against abortion, but I can’t impose my religion on someone else.”
Here are the best 8 comebacks:
1. I don’t understand. Our shared religion defines morality. It tells us it is always wrong to kill an innocent human being.
By contrast, the other side’s ‘religion’ proclaims there’s nothing wrong with killing a unique, innocent human being if she is unwanted. One side or the other is going to impose their religion. Their side ends lives. Our side saves lives. That’s something to fight for, don’t you think?
2. Abortion is not just a religious issue, it is a moral issue.A moral issue based in an innate cognitive ability of humans to distinguish between right and wrong.The vast majority of people know it is wrong to kill another innocent human being.
3. Then I guess you cannot stop me from murdering my neighbor, you know, for fear of imposing your religion on me.
4. If you don’t want to impose religion on anyone that is your prerogative, unless of course your religion tells you that you have to protect human life.
5. If you trust science, science will tell you that human life begins at conception. If you trust science, then science says that abortion is the intentional ending of human life while it is in the womb. If you trust science you will understand that your position of not telling somebody what to do with the human life that they are tasked with nourishing and protecting is indeed assisting in the killing of human life.
6. Abortion is terminating the life of an unborn child. What does that have to do with religion?
7. So, are you “personally against stealing,” but you don’t want to impose the 7th commandment on the criminal who decides to rob a bank at gunpoint? Laws throughout history have been created based on a “moral code” that a society needs to maintain civil order.
8. Laws to prevent murder of a human being in utero are not a religious issue; they are a human issue.
IFL embraces all of the reproductive teachings of the Catholic Church. Mr. Biden disappoints pro-lifers with his willingness to quickly jettison longstanding positions on life for the sake of political expediency.
Thanks to those of you who sent in some of the great comebacks above. You’ll find some of these in our Pro-Life Apologetics Tool Kit.
IFL is hard at work creating a video series with smart responses to common pro-abortion arguments. These videos are designed to target young adults on social media. Help us fund this project. Donate today!