Affordable and high-quality Child Care for American workers and their families.
- Doubled the Child Tax Credit from $1,000 to $2,000 per child and expanded the eligibility for receiving the credit.
- Nearly 40 million families benefitted from the child tax credit (CTC), receiving an average benefit of $2,200 – totaling credits of approximately $88 billion.
- Signed the largest-ever increase in Child Care and Development Block Grants – expanding access to quality, affordable child care for more than 800,000 low-income families.
- Secured an additional $3.5 billion in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act to help families and first responders with child care needs.
- Created the first-ever paid family leave tax credit for employees earning $72,000 or less.
- Signed into law 12-weeks of paid parental leave for Federal workers.
- Signed into law a provision that enables new parents to withdraw up to $5,000 from their retirement accounts without penalty when they give birth to or adopt a child.
Advanced apprenticeship career pathways to good-paying jobs.
- Expanded apprenticeships to more than 850,000 and established the new Industry-Recognized Apprenticeship programs in new and emerging fields.
- Established the National Council for the American Worker and the American Workforce Policy Advisory Board.
- Over 460 companies have signed the Pledge to America’s Workers, committing to provide more than 16 million job and training opportunities.
- Signed an executive order that directs the Federal government to replace outdated degree-based hiring with skills-based hiring.
Advanced women’s economic empowerment.
- Included women’s empowerment for the first time in the President’s 2017 National Security Strategy.
- Signed into law key pieces of legislation, including the Women, Peace, and Security Act and the Women Entrepreneurship and Economic Empowerment Act.
- Launched the Women’s Global Development and Prosperity (W-GDP) Initiative – the first-ever whole-of-government approach to women’s economic empowerment that has reached 24 million women worldwide.
- Established an innovative new W-GDP Fund at USAID.
- Launched the Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative (We-Fi) with 13 other nations.
- Announced a $50 million donation on behalf of the United States to We-Fi providing more capital to women-owned businesses around the world.
- Released the first-ever Strategy on Women, Peace, and Security, which focused on increasing women’s participation to prevent and resolve conflicts.
- Launched the W-GDP 2x Global Women’s Initiative with the Development Finance Corporation, which has mobilized more than $3 billion in private sector investments over three years.
Ensured American leadership in technology and innovation.
- First administration to name artificial intelligence, quantum information science, and 5G communications as national research and development priorities.
- Launched the American Broadband Initiative to promote the rapid deployment of broadband internet across rural America.
- Made 100 megahertz of crucial mid-band spectrum available for commercial operations, a key factor to driving widespread 5G access across rural America.
- Launched the American AI Initiative to ensure American leadership in artificial intelligence (AI), and established the National AI Initiative Office at the White House.
- Established the first-ever principles for Federal agency adoption of AI to improve services for the American people.
- Signed the National Quantum Initiative Act establishing the National Quantum Coordination Office at the White House to drive breakthroughs in quantum information science.
- Signed the Secure 5G and Beyond Act to ensure America leads the world in 5G.
- Launched a groundbreaking program to test safe and innovative commercial drone operations nationwide.
- Issued new rulemaking to accelerate the return of American civil supersonic aviation.
- Committed to doubling investments in AI and quantum information science (QIS) research and development.
- Announced the establishment of $1 billion AI and quantum research institutes across America.
- Established the largest dual-use 5G test sites in the world to advance 5G commercial and military innovation.
- Signed landmark Prague Principles with America’s allies to advance the deployment of secure 5G telecommunications networks.
- Signed first-ever bilateral AI cooperation agreement with the United Kingdom.
- Built collation among allies to ban Chinese Telecom Company Huawei from their 5G infrastructure.
Preserved American jobs for American workers and rejected the importation of cheap foreign labor.
- Pressured the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) to reverse their decision to lay off over 200 American workers and replace them with cheaper foreign workers.
- Removed the TVA Chairman of the Board and a TVA Board Member.