***The Iowa Standard is an independent media voice. We rely on the financial support of our readers to exist. Please consider a one-time sign of support or becoming a monthly supporter at $5, $10/month - whatever you think we're worth! If you’ve ever used the phrase “Fake News” — now YOU can actually DO something about it! You can also support us on PayPal at [email protected] or Venmo at Iowa-Standard-2018 or through the mail at: PO Box 112 Sioux Center, IA 51250
Republican State Rep. Steve Bradley is running for re-election in House District 66. Democrat Tony Amsler is challenging Bradley.
Here is House District 66:
- At what point of pregnancy should abortion no longer be an option? When a heartbeat is detected.
- Do you support allowing eminent domain to be used for a private, for-profit project? No.
- Do you support Education Savings Accounts for Iowa families? Yes
- Do you support legislation removing sexually explicit, pornographic materials from school libraries? Yes
- Do you support a bill requiring schools to communicate “preferred pronouns” of students to the their parents? Yes
- Would you support removing gender identity from the Iowa Civil Rights Code? Yes
- Would you support a bill banning “gender-affirming treatment” of minors in Iowa? Yes
- Would you support a bill allowing one legislative candidate to donate some of their campaign funds to another legislative candidate directly, which was outlawed in the 1990s? I would have to see why it was banned in the 1990s, then decide.
- Do you support reforming the Governor’s Emergency Powers in Iowa? Yes, although our Governor is great, we may have a Democrat governor at some time and we have to think ahead.
- Do you support reforming and/or repealing Iowa’s “Certificate of Need” laws? Yes
- Do you support a Religious Freedom & Restoration Act for Iowans? Yes
- Do you support efforts to stop Big Tech censorship in Iowa? Yes
- In Iowa, the penalty is the same for kidnapping and raping a minor as it is for kidnapping, raping and murdering a minor. Would you support a bill allowing for the death penalty in cases where a minor is kidnapped, raped and murdered? Yes
- Do you support mandatory E-Verify for Iowa businesses? Yes
- Do you support legislation prohibiting an employer from asking an employee for his or her COVID vaccination status? Yes
- Do you support legislation prohibiting discrimination based on COVID vaccination status? Yes
- Should minors be allowed to attend drag shows? No
- Do you support allowing the sale of raw milk? As long as it is labeled raw milk and the consumer knows it is raw milk.
- Would you support getting rid of no-excuse absentee voting? Yes
For more information regarding Bradley’s candidacy, visit the following links: