Republican State Rep. Tom Gerhold is running for another term in the Iowa House of Representatives. Democrat Sara Yedlik is challenging him in House District 84.
Here is House District 84:
- At what point of pregnancy should abortion no longer be an option? I am pro-life from conception to death. Every effort can and should be made to save the life of both the mother and child. However, there is a small percentage of pregnancies when the dilation and evacuation (D & E) procedure is used to remove the baby when death occurs in utero. I think women should have this option.
- Do you support allowing eminent domain to be used for a private, for-profit project? No, I don’t think that is right. This will most likely be addressed in 2023 due to the carbon dioxide pipelines being proposed currently.
- Do you support Education Savings Accounts for Iowa families? Yes. This will give parents/guardians the option to have their kids attend a school that is the best fit, regardless of where they live.
- Do you support legislation removing sexually explicit, pornographic materials from school libraries? Yes. If it’s banned from network television, it should not be in school libraries.
- Do you support a bill requiring schools to communicate “preferred pronouns” of students to the their parents? No.
- Would you support removing gender identity from the Iowa Civil Rights Code? Yes.
- Would you support a bill banning “gender-affirming treatment” of minors in Iowa? Yes.
- Would you support a bill allowing one legislative candidate to donate some of their campaign funds to another legislative candidate directly, which was outlawed in the 1990s? Yes.
- Do you support reforming the Governor’s Emergency Powers in Iowa? Yes.
- Do you support reforming and/or repealing Iowa’s “Certificate of Need” laws? Yes.
- Do you support a Religious Freedom & Restoration Act for Iowans? Yes, I would.
- Do you support efforts to stop Big Tech censorship in Iowa? Yes, I would. Where is the 1st Amendment with Big Tech?
- In Iowa, the penalty is the same for kidnapping and raping a minor as it is for kidnapping, raping and murdering a minor. Would you support a bill allowing for the death penalty in cases where a minor is kidnapped, raped and murdered? Yes. I would also support it for perpetrators like the Anamosa State Penitentiary inmate who murdered two employees in March, 2021.
- Do you support mandatory E-Verify for Iowa businesses? I think it could be looked at with Joe Biden’s disastrous and illegal open border policy allowing millions of illegals into the country. How it is enacted in Iowa could be challenging since it’s currently a federal program run by SSA and U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services. I would need more information on this subject.
- Do you support legislation prohibiting an employer from asking an employee for his or her COVID vaccination status? Yes.
- Do you support legislation prohibiting discrimination based on COVID vaccination status? Yes.
- Should minors be allowed to attend drag shows? No.
- Do you support allowing the sale of raw milk? Yes.
- Would you support getting rid of no-excuse absentee voting? There are 16 states that require an excuse to vote by absentee ballot. I’m open to looking into it further.
For more information about Gerhold’s candidacy, follow these links: