Keep the Iowa Standard Going!
***This is the next part of a lengthy series exposing the undeniable falling away from Dordt University’s biblical roots. We have examined the ‘Christian thought leaders’ Dordt is proudly having speak on campus. We also exposed how Chief of Staff and Dean of Chapel Aaron Baart is pushing a radical Leftist agenda. Baart, along with President Erik Hoekstra, have led Dordt down the road away from basic, biblical belief and toward a much more secular worldview. Previous stories are included at the end of this edition.***
For a few weeks we have detailed the theological and political drift away from biblical principles happening at Dordt University, a small Christian college in conservative Northwest Iowa.
The cause of this wayward move does not just fall at the feet of President Erik Hoekstra or Dean of Chapel Aaron Baart. It also heavily involves Richard Mouw, a member of the Dordt Board of Trustees.
Mouw published an op-ed with Ronald Sider titled “We are pro-life evangelicals for Biden.”
An honest alternative headline would read: “We are evangelicals against murdering unborn babies, but we’re for the candidate who supports murdering unborn babies.”
So, what issues do these “pro-life evangelicals” view as enough to overlook the continued slaughter of innocent unborn babies? Poverty, lack of health care, racism and climate change. Those four issues, the authors write, “kill persons created in the image of God. They are all pro-life issues.”
Mouw wants to be clear, he writes, “we mourn abortion and are committed to work to reduce the number of abortions. But three things are important.”
- If President Donald J. Trump wins re-election and the Supreme Court overturns Roe, “not a great deal will change.”
- The article states that the most common reason women give for having abortions is financial difficulty. They then wrote, “knowing that, we appreciate the fact that a number of Democratic proposals would significantly alleviate that financial burden: accessible health services for all citizens, affordable childcare, a minimum wage that lifts workers out of poverty.”
- Poverty, lack of health coverage, racism and climate change are also “pro-life issues.” And, according to the official public policy document of the National Association of Evangelicals, “faithful evangelical civic engagement and witness must have a biblically balanced agenda.” The new pro-life evangelicals for Biden document, which should embarrass every person who attends church with someone who signs it, states “we must oppose ‘one issue’ political thinking because it lacks a biblical balance.
The article finishes by saying that, “on balance, Joe Biden’s policies are more consistent with the biblically shaped ethic of life than those of Donald Trump.”
If you’re wondering, more than 60 million unborn babies have been killed in America due to abortion. Biden and the Democrats support abortion up to the moment of birth and support taxpayer-funded abortions.
Mouw, a California liberal, has been praised by Hoekstra and Baart, which brings everything full circle.
PREVIOUS STORIES IN THE FALLING AWAY SERIES:
1. Dordt’s COVID agreement
2. Reject institutional idolatry
3. Dordt speaker says American exceptionalism is a myth
4. Dordt hosts speaker who said American church built on white supremacy
5. Dordt hosts one of Obama’s favorite authors, she disputes virgin birth
6. Dordt hosts Christian who shills for secular Left
7. Dordt hosts speaker who says same-sex relationships can be ‘holy’
8. Dordt dean of chapel pushing liberalism
9. Dordt dean of chapel would bake a same-sex couple two cakes
10. Dordt dean of chapel says the idea of Christians marching at the front of the gay pride parade sounds a lot like Jesus
11. Dordt students told they should be so full of grace they’re ridiculously soft on sin
12. Dordt dean of chapel shares message – burn a cross and be a patriot, burn a flag and be a criminal, Welcome to Trump’s America
13. Dordt dean says Jesus never mentioned homosexuality or it wasn’t important
14. Dordt dean gives thumps up to same-sex wedding picture of Dordt graduates
15. Dordt stocks ‘My Princess Boy’ children’s book in campus library